Thursday 5 December 2013

Belle and Boo and the Very Merry Christmas- Mandy Sutcliffe

From the classic illustrations reminiscent of Alison Uttley or Mabel Lucie Atwell, to the innocent tale of Belle and Boo preparing for Christmas, everything about this book screams class.  The artwork is enchanting and dreamy, having a timeless quality that will never date.  The book itself is a sturdy hardcover, traditionally bound with additional red foil on the cover which is sure to attract little eyes.


 
A story to remind young and old that the best gift we can give at Christmas is kindness, I can see how to some this book might seem twee and idealistic, but I find it a delight to behold, a book that reminds me of those from my own childhood.  The vintage feel of the Belle and Boo books add to the charm of them, and I'm sure many adults will find them as appealing as children. 

Belle and Boo and the very Merry Christmas is out now, published by Orchard.

8.5/10

With many thanks to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment