Saturday 8 October 2016

My Month in Manga - September 2016

Ooops.  This post is rather late this month...so without further ado, here's a quick look at the manga I read during September.
 
Fall in Love Like a Comic vol.1 - Chitose Yagami
 
The Blurb
Rena Sakura is a high school student with a secret: she's a professional mangaka. And although she's never been on a date, that doesn't stop her from drawing steamy shojo scenes for Chami magazine. But when the gorgeous Tomoya Okita finds out her secret, she finds herself asking him out to get some real-life experience in love!

Rena asks Tomoya to be her boyfriend, hoping that gaining some experience in dating will help her improve her manga. Rena is positive that Tomoya is only dating her to help her out, but that doesn't stop her from falling in love...
 
My Thoughts
This was a fun shojo manga following the well-used manga theme of a mangaka living out her life through her art. This was an easy read and I enjoyed it for what it was, but I'm not in a hurry to find out what happens next so don't think I'll be reading the rest of the series any time soon.
 
Citrus vol. 1 - Saburo Uta
 
 
The Blurb
Yuzuko Aihara, a high school girl whose main interests are fashion, friends and having fun, is about to get a reality check. Due to her mom's remarriage, Yuzu has transferred to a new, all-girls school that is extremely strict. Her real education is about to begin. From Day One, happy-go-lucky Yuzu makes enemies, namely the beautiful yet stern Student Council President Mei. So what happens when a dejected Yuzu returns home and discovers the shock of her life: that Mei is actually her new step-sister who has come to live with her? Even more surprising, when Mei catches Yuzu off-guard and kisses her out of the blue, what does it all mean?
 
My Thoughts
Two girls who find themselves as step-sisters are unsure of their relationship.  That's pretty much the whole plot.  The art in this book is exquisite, and the quality of the book itself was excellent and included some glossy colour pages at the front.  It's just a shame the story let this one down for me - I'm not sure whether or not I'll read volume 2.

 
We Were There - Yuuki Obata
 
 
 
The Blurb
Nanami Takahashi falls for Motoharu Yano, the most popular, carefree boy in class. For Nanami, it's first love, but Yano is still grieving the death of his girlfriend who died the year before.
Nanami starts high school with high hopes of making lots of friends. She develops a crush on the enigmatic Yano, but he may have too many secrets for her to handle.

Nanami Takahashi falls for Motoharu Yano, the most popular, carefree boy in class. For Nanami, it's first love, but Yano is still grieving the death of his girlfriend who died the year before.
 
My Thoughts
There was a bit at the beginning of this book where I thought I'd be putting it down and not picking it back up (when Nanami is grabbed by the throat - I found this incredibly disturbing).  That said, for an angsty will they/won't they romance it held my attention, and I found the art visually appealing.  This is an old manga now, and I was given this by a friend who found it in a charity shop, but I'll probably try to get hold of the next instalment to find out what happens next.

 


1 comment:

  1. I am so happy investing with TD Ameritrade.. He has really helped after I lost my job. I started investing as little as $200 and now I earn over $2,500 weekly. So happy you can contact him on his Email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)

    ReplyDelete