Wednesday 16 December 2015

My Favourite Reads of 2015

It's time for the annual Books with Bunny end of year round up!  My favourite books of 2013 and 2014 were pretty diverse and full of some fabulous reads, but 2015 was another brilliant year of reading for me!  Here are my highlights (click on the links below each cover for a full review)...


 
 
"Startling, shocking and unashamedly dark, this is a thriller that will leave you with an uncomfortable feeling for weeks, but somehow, despite that, I'm absolutely gagging for more..."

 
 
 
"An absolute winner full of charm and the type of romance I adore- a love story between two ordinary people."

 
 
 
"Every once in a while a book comes along which blows your mind and breaks your heart.  Letters to the Lost is one of those books."
 
 
 
 
"I cried during the opening chapters and I wept at the end.  This book was devastatingly brilliant, and the warmth of Alex and Nadia's relationship radiated off every page.  It's the kind of book that makes you want to tell those you love just how special they are to you and to wrap them in a bear hug and never, ever let go."
 

 
 
"Whatever your age, whatever your outlook, whatever your dreams...you can learn from this book.  It encourages introspection and self awareness, and is a perfect way to help you reassess what is important to you.  Not to anyone else, YOU."

 
 
"Cressida McLaughlin has an easy-to-read writing style and a chatty and engaging voice, which reminded me of Sophie Kinsella.  I can absolutely see why she's so highly regarded within the genre."

 
 
"I read All of the Above in two sittings, and if I could have cancelled everything else in my life to be able to read it in one, I would have.  It was that good."

 

 
 
"From the nasty, vicious backbiting of the first chapters through to the disturbing bitter end, Only Ever Yours had me hooked. 

It's one of the best books I've ever read, and I've read a lot."
 

 
"Perfection in the form of contemporary romance."
 
 

 
 
"This book took me back to the heady days soon after leaving home where freedom is both liberating and downright scary.  It's a challenging time and Counting Stars portrays that perfectly."
 

 
 
"Belle and Jim's story is heartfelt and beautiful, gorgeously written in a way that tugged hard on my heartstrings.  Don't be fooled by the Christmassy exterior -  Every Time a Bell Rings is a novel that can help you reassess your place in the world at any time of year."
 
 
 
 
 "I know I'll be coming back to it again, and my copy is proudly stood on the shelf of 'keepers' - books I want to reread and recommend and lend to anyone who'll listen.  Brilliant."
 
 
 
"Powerful, relevant and extremely accessible, I Call Myself a Feminist should be essential reading.  It's empowering. It's enlightening.  It's thought provoking.  It's downright brilliant."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment