Thursday 20 March 2014

Hopelessly Devoted to Holden Finn-Tilly Tennant



 
Blurb: 
There’s only one man for Bonnie, and that’s Holden Finn. The problem is that Holden Finn is a twenty-three-year-old pop megastar with his boy band, Every Which Way, who doesn’t even know she exists. Not only that, but half the women of the world want to be Mrs Finn, including Bonnie’s teenage daughter, Paige. But the real men in Bonnie’s life only let her down, and a man that you can never have can never let you down… right?  When Paige wins a radio competition to meet Holden and his band, it seems all that is set to change. Bonnie is about to find out that you should be careful what you wish for, and that happiness can come in the most unexpected shape…
Review:

I make no bones about the fact I am a fangirl.  I love boybands.  I always have, I probably always will.  So when I was asked to review this book I felt a little bit like this could be my story.  I'm in my mid-thirties like Bonnie.  I have a slight obsession with Louis and Liam from One Direction, like Bonnie does with Every Which Way's frontman Holden Finn.  Infact, I am convinced Tilly was looking inside my mind as she wrote this book. 

Hopelessly Devoted to Holden Finn is an easy read and one of those books that you are halfway through before you know it.  I found it was fast paced and the action kept moving on, although my preference was definitely for the boyband element rather than the other aspects of the book.  However, you certainly don't need to be a fangirl to appreciate this book.  Although there is the 'celebrity lust' element, there is more to it than that- friendship, community and family.  It was touching to read a book which delights in the unique bond between mother and daughter, both in Bonnie and Paige's and Bonnie and her mother Jeanie's relationships.  The love between the females absolutely radiated from the page and gave me the warm and fuzzies.  I also enjoyed the sense of struggle between being a responsible mother and being a person in their own right that both Bonnie and Jeanie have- something I am sure many Mums out there will appreciate!

This would be a great beach read or perfect for those lazy weekend mornings where you don't want to get out of bed. It is a sweet romantic comedy (think Richard Curtis film in novel format), charming and cute.  I will definitely look out for more books by Tilly Tennant.

Hopelessly Devoted to Holden Finn is out now.

7.5/10

With huge thanks to Tilly Tennant and, as ever, the lovely girls at GG Book Tours.


Author Bio:

Tilly Tennant was born in Dorset but now lives in Staffordshire with her slightly nutty family.  Tilly is married to Mr Tennant (not that one, though a girl can dream). She likes nothing better than curling up in a quiet corner with a glass of wine watching the world go by, but can more usually be found taxiing her daughters to parties or taking them on emergency shopping trips. After a huge list of dismal and disastrous jobs over the years, including paper plate stacking, shop girl, newspaper promotions and waitressing, she began working as a temporary secretary in a hospital to boost her income whilst doing a degree in English and creative writing. This job lasted nine years. Not terribly temporary. But it does mean that she knows just what it’s like to make monumental admin cock-ups, spend the month’s wages in the hospital coffee shop and fall in love with all the doctors. As she’s a smug married, however, it’s fortunate that the doctors in question don’t usually feel the same way.
Tilly is represented by the wonderful, gorgeous Peta Nightingale at LAW.
 
 
And to end- gratuitous pic of Liam climbing a lamppost and Louis with no socks.  It's my blog, I'll do what I like.  And I like LiLo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment