Thursday 12 December 2013

Kiss Me on this Cold December Night- Charlotte Phillips *including author guest post*



Ella and Tom had a romantic fling five years ago.  Ella has no plans to relive it, but when she unexpectedly bumps into Tom at a London hotel memories of their red hot connection come flooding back- can she resist temptation? 

I'd enjoyed Charlotte Phillips' Did Someone Order Room Service? earlier this year (see my review here ) and had been looking forward to this latest release in the Do Not Disturb series. 

I was completely swept away by the winter romance of Kiss me on This Cold December Night!  Ella and Tom's relationship was engaging and I particularly liked that they had history which added a bit of extra spice.  Their date to Hyde Park is sweet and tender whilst the steamy scenes in the hotel will leave you hot under the collar- a fabulous balance of classic romance with some mild erotic scenes.  The characters were likeable and developed as the story progressed.  I found myself willing them to find the happiness they deserved.

Once I started this book I struggled to put it down- Charlotte Phillips has written a festive romance that had me hooked.  I am desperate for more from this series now! 

Kiss Me on This Cold December Night is out today, published by Harper Impulse, a digital imprint of Harper Collins.

8/10

With thanks to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book in return for an honest review.  Find out more by clicking the link below.

Visit

Charlotte very kindly offered to write an exclusive guest piece for Books with Bunny which you can read below....


Thanks so much for hosting me and reviewing my story!

This is the third story in my Do Not Disturb series of novellas. The stories in the series are all standalone, but they are linked by the same backdrop – a luxury boutique hotel in London.

When I first decided I wanted to write a Christmas story for the series, it was the end of August, the weather was toasty warm, and Christmas was the furthest thing from my mind. All I knew about the story was that it would be a reunion – Tom and Ella had a one night stand five Christmases ago and I liked the idea of Christmas throwing them a second chance.

The best part of writing this story was choosing some of the fantastic Christmas London sights to use. I had a lovely time surfing the internet and looking at pictures of Somerset House ice skating rink, Hyde Park Winter Wonderland and Trafalgar Square’s huge Christmas tree.

I like to think of Christmas as a time when anything can seem possible, and I really wanted to play around with the idea of fate, so I looked for ways of bringing Tom and Ella back together that depended on total chance. So Tom is on his way to his annual festive family holiday in Barbados when his plane is grounded by the bonkers British weather, and Ella has won a Christmas shopping weekend in a competition. Ella left Tom sleeping five years ago for a good reason, but amid the magic of snowy London things might be different this time around.

I hope it’s as much fun to read as it was to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment