Monday 2 December 2013

Wanderlust-Kitty French *including author Q and A*

 
If you're looking for a steamy-hot seasonal read then look no further.  Kitty French has come up trumps again, this time with Wanderlust, a novella full of romance and erotic passion.

University best friends Ford and Ruby are reunited at the wedding of mutual friends Niall and Emma.  They never planned to cross the boundaries of friendship, both insisting that their close-knit bond was more important than desire, yet now they can't deny themselves the opportunity to see what might have been...

Ford and Ruby are electric, and this book is full of red hot romance and sizzlingly passionate scenes that had me hooked.  I was wishing Wanderlust was a full length novel as the chemistry between the two of them was bursting off the page.  I want more!  The balance between romance and erotica suited me and I am sure Kitty French will win the hearts of fans of both genres- Wanderlust has enough sex for fans of the later and plenty of emotion for fans of the former. 

I did find myself getting frustrated by the American spellings throughout (I have nothing against American spelling per se, just that books by British authors seem to be increasingly coming out with American spellings).  However this seems to be a common issue, particularly in ebooks and is by no means exclusive to this book.

Overall I really enjoyed Wanderlust and would love to find out more about both Niall and Emma and of course Ruby and Ford.  So come on Kitty- sequels and prequels are begging to be written!

Wanderlust is out now, and Kitty's 3rd book in the Knight series, Knight and Day is released today.

8.5/10

With thanks to the publisher for providing me with a review copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Kitty very kindly answered some festive questions for me....

Stocking or sack? - I better go stockings, hadn't I, being an erotic writer! 
 
Turkey or nutroast? Traditional turkey all the way. :)
 
Sprouts- yay or nay? - Nay. NAY! Bluerggh! My sister offered me £5 once to eat one and I couldn't swallow it.
 
Chocolate Orange or Toblerone? - Toughie. I'll go choc orange, but it was a close run thing.
 
Giving or receiving? These days, giving. Once you have kids, it becomes about them, doesn't it? 
 
It's a Wonderful Life or Home Alone? - It's a Wonderful Life. I love that movie at the time of year, along with Miracle on 34th Street.
 
Slade or Shakey? Slade, def. It's Chhhhhhhristmaaas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment