Thursday 23 January 2014

Lipstick on His Collar- Brigid Coady


The third instalment of the Kiss Collection has arrived, and it's got a more adult feel.  The First Kiss was tender and sweet, The Last Kiss an acutely painful read about goodbyes.

Lipstick on His Collar is a different beast entirely.  Still a short, one sitting read of approximately 1,000 words, it explores the emotion and sexual tension within an illicit relationship. It did make me feel a bit voyeuristic and uncomfortable at times, watching the event unfold, yet I couldn't bring myself to stop reading.

These short stories are wonderful, some of my favourite reads so far this year.  Passionate and powerful, Lipstick on His Collar is a dangerous romantic short that I feel almost guilty for enjoying.  But enjoy it I did.  You can find out more by clicking on the link below.

Lipstick on His Collar is out now, published by Harper Impulse, a digital imprint of Harper Collins.

8/10

With thanks to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book in return for my honest opinion.

Visit

No comments:

Post a Comment