Sunday 8 September 2013

Hubble Bubble- Jane Lovering

I had heard good things about publishers ChocLit, so when the opportunity to review one of their books written by award winner Jane Lovering I leapt at the chance.  Hubble Bubble sounded an interesting read, chicklit/romance with a supernatural twist.

Holly Grey is a sensible, no nonsense woman.  So no one is more surprised than her when she agrees to go along to a witchcraft meeting to keep her friend company.  Despite thinking the whole thing is a load of tosh, Holly joins in.  The group all share their wishes and then it is just a case of waiting for them to come true....

Meanwhile, Kai is in Yorkshire determined to find himself.  When he ends up embroiled in a group of women meddling in witchery he finds his life changes rapidly.  Brooding and strong, he is an attractive leading male with a vulnerable side.  I wanted to simultaneously mother him and inhale the scent of his battered leather jacket. 

I enjoyed Hubble Bubble, particularly the dry humour throughout.  I thought the characters were likeable and diverse, and was interested to find out more about them.  There were times where the story seemed to slow down and I was willing the pace to pick up a bit, but overall I thought it was a fun read.  I loved the sections of romance and how the relationships between characters built up as the novel progressed. I am definitely going to hunt out some of Jane Lovering's other books to read as this was original, quirky and entertaining.

Hubble Bubble is out now, published by ChocLit.

7.5/10

With thanks to ChocLit for providing me with a review copy of this book in return for my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment