Monday 23 June 2014

Meeting Lucy Diamond

I have been a fan of Lucy Diamond for a couple of years now and when I saw that Sheffield was one of the stops on her book signing tour for new release One Night in Italy I just had to pop along.

So last Friday I pootled along to Waterstone's in Orchard Square, excited to meet a writer I admire.  One of the things I love most about blogging is getting to know the authors of my favourite books and I was a thrilled fangirl when Lucy knew that I was 'Katey from Books with Bunny'.  Squeee!

Copies of One Night in Italy were lined up, and this absolutely beautiful cover looks even more stunning en masse.  It is eyecatching and has a grown up, 'classy' feel- proof that women's fiction is not all 'pink'!  Lucy also had some scrumptious cakes on her display and I was encouraged to sample one of the delicious Chelsea buns-not that I needed much persuading!

After getting my copy signed and a lovely chat with Lucy (including much excitement over the upcoming Diamond Fridays on the blog!) we posed for a photo-the colour coordination was pure coincidence!
 
Thank you so much to Lucy Diamond for coming to Sheffield, for taking the time to talk, for the gooey, mouthwatering cake and for her continued support of the book blogging community.  Diamond by name, diamond by nature!
 
Diamond Fridays will be coming to Books with Bunny on (you've guessed it) Fridays from July 11th, starting with a review of the wonderful One Night In Italy.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment