Monday 30 June 2014

Rainbow Rowell week!

RAINBOW ROWELL WEEK

It's Rainbow Rowell week here on Books with Bunny and I am unashamedly going to fangirl my little heart out!

So, for the few people who have been living under a rock and aren't yet familiar with the genius of Ms Rowell, allow me to fill you in.  She's American and writes contemporary novels.  Actually, that doesn't do her justice.  She's American and writes AMAZING contemporary novels.  Her characters are often 'geeks', into computer games, pop culture, graphic novels and I love a good geek, it must be said.  Her books are filled with romance, angst and humour, and one of the things I like best about them is that they really stay with you long after you've read the final page.  They are books with characters you can relate to and that you will truly care about. And Eleanor and Park- I invested so much in that book that I still don't think I recovered.  It is one of my favourite books ever.

Rainbow is also fantastic at twitter (you can find her @rainbowrowell).  She interacts with her readers A LOT (this can't be said for all authors) and tweets about all kinds of random stuff.  And Sherlock.  She really loves Sherlock. 

I will be reviewing each of Rainbow's books over the course of this week-
Tuesday- Eleanor and Park
Wednesday- Attachments
Thursday- Landline (Release day!)
Friday- Fangirl

Hopefully my love for these books will shine through because they are totally awesome.

Luckily for Rainbow Rowell fans in the UK she is coming on tour, and there are still tickets available for some of the events.  I am absolutely devastated not to be able to go and see her but the closest event to me is eighty miles away and I don't have the money to travel that far at the moment.  Sob.  If you are able to go you should, and do a bit of extra fangirling for me.

UNITED KINGDOM TOUR

July 10-14
GLASGOWThursday 10th July – 6.30pmWaterstones
153-157 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow   G2 3EW
T: 0141 332 9105

LIVERPOOL — SOLD OUTFriday 11th July – 6:30pmTicketed author talk and book signingWaterstones
12 College Lane
Liverpool   L1 3DL
T. 0151 709 9820

LONDON – YA LIT CON
Saturday 12th July – from 12noon
YA Lit Con at London Film & Comic ConAuthor panel event and book signingEarls Court 2, Earls Court Exhibition Centre
Warwick Road
London    SW5 9TA
For tickets and further information visit: http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

CARDIFFSunday 13th July – 2pmWaterstones
2a The Hayes
Cardiff   CF10 1WB
T: 029 2066 5606

LONDON — SOLD OUTMonday 14th July – 6:30pmIn conversation with Bim AdewunmiWaterstones
203/206 Piccadilly
London   W1J 9HD

LONDON – – SOLD OUT
Tuesday 15th July
 – 6:30pm
In conversation with Bim Adewunmi
Waterstones
203/206 Piccadilly
London   W1J 9HD

BIRMINGHAMTuesday 29th July – 7pmWaterstones
128 New Street
Birmingham B2 4DB

No comments:

Post a Comment