Wednesday 25 March 2015

Black Eyed Boy- Laura Huntley PREORDER INFORMATION

 
I'm excited.  In fact, I'm flibertygiberty excited.  Because today I'm able to share the blurb and pre-order link for my friend Laura Huntley's debut novel Black Eyed Boy!
 


Since starting blogging in June 2013 I've been fortunate enough to get to know lots of authors via social media, but Laura is someone I met completely independent of that.  One sunny day last June I overcame my nerves and walked into my local writing group.  I was immediately made to feel welcome and loved how diverse the writing styles were.  It was (and still is) a small group, but that has meant we've got to know each other better than we would if it was larger- we share two pieces of writing each fortnight and it's surprising how often there are glimmers of our own lives in what we share, even in the writing we pass off as fiction.  It really does give quite an insight!
Laura is the founder of Woodseats Writers and she leads the group- turning up with prompts, opening sentences, picture cards, random words to fit into our writing...  She does it because she loves words and she loves to encourage.
 
That is why I'm so thrilled to be able to whip up support for her new release Black Eyed Boy, published by Crooked Cat on April 3rd. I know that it is going to be beautifully written, with vivid descriptions and unexpected twists in unexpected places.  I know this because that's just how Laura writes. 
 
So yes, I am biased.  Yes, Laura is my friend.  But she truly is a fantastic author deserving of her success. 
 
The blurb for Black Eyed Boy, and a link for pre-order, can be found below.


The Blurb
Emily is fifteen. She feels like a ghost in her own home as her parents seem increasingly lost in their own worlds, and only has her best friend, Billy, for company. 

Then Emily meets Dylan, the mysterious and gorgeous new stranger in town. With his unusual eyes and irresistible charm, she is soon smitten. But with Billy’s growing jealousy and a series of devastating family tragedies, can they last? Should they? 
Dylan is hiding a powerful secret; a secret that could change Emily’s life forever.

Pre-order link:

No comments:

Post a Comment